Is a macbook with a warped shell from battery expansion worth anything?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2015 27" iMac, 3.3ghz, M395 gpu, 2tb Fusion, 8gb
I've been looking for an M2 Air on eBay for a few weeks now and I totally ignore all of the old Intel machines. The sense I have is they've lost a lot of their value. Even when I see an M1 or M2 that is listed "for parts" I just move on. I guess there is a market among the tinkerers, but if I were looking for an old Intel machine I'd buy a working one. There are lots out there.

I'm typing this message on a late 2015 iMac 27" i5 with Radeon R9 M395, so I'm not totally averse to old computers. It was a really hot machine in its day.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
I've been looking for an M2 Air on eBay for a few weeks now and I totally ignore all of the old Intel machines. The sense I have is they've lost a lot of their value. Even when I see an M1 or M2 that is listed "for parts" I just move on. I guess there is a market among the tinkerers, but if I were looking for an old Intel machine I'd buy a working one. There are lots out there.

I'm typing this message on a late 2015 iMac 27" i5 with Radeon R9 M395, so I'm not totally averse to old computers. It was a really hot machine in its day.
OK - but just curious what these comments have to do with 'battery swelling' the topic of this post? ;) Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2015 27" iMac, 3.3ghz, M395 gpu, 2tb Fusion, 8gb
OK - but just curious what these comments have to do with 'battery swelling' the topic of this post? ;) Dave
The fact that he is thinking it may be worth something on eBay, the other point of his post.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.