iPod sync corrupted

Reaction score
Hi... I have this problem with my iPod.

The songs that I have in my iPod is not played in the order they should be played. This is really strange since they are in the correct order in iTunes. The sync is automatic, so the library should be exaclty the same.

I know a lot of ppl dont really care about it one song is played after another one, or before it, but to me it does matter.

I should ad, its not in the playlists I have this problem, it is when i browse through artist and album. The songs on the album apear in random order. Which they should not.

Reaction score
I believe its an iPod setting. Look through the settings on your iPod, should be a play order.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Hi... I have this problem with my iPod.

The songs that I have in my iPod is not played in the order they should be played. This is really strange since they are in the correct order in iTunes. The sync is automatic, so the library should be exaclty the same.

I know a lot of ppl dont really care about it one song is played after another one, or before it, but to me it does matter.

I should ad, its not in the playlists I have this problem, it is when i browse through artist and album. The songs on the album apear in random order. Which they should not.

I believe you need to have the songs numbers, i.e track 1 of 15, 2 of 15 and so on, for them to show up in the correct order.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.33 GHz 3 GB RAM
Sorry to reawaken such a relatively old topic, but I've been having this same trouble on a couple of my albums on my iPod. I've got the track numbers applied to the songs (even redid them a few times, just to make sure), and they order just fine in iTunes, but for some reason on my iPod they show up out of order. This only happens with a couple albums, and it's only a few songs in each album that are messed up. For example, on one album, track 7-9 appear at the top of the list, while the rest of the tracks appear in proper order below them. It's really bizarre. Anyone else experience this? I'm thinking of just doing a restore on it to see what that does.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.