iPod Shuffle Not Syncing with Mac and Big Sur

RGW

Reaction score
I have an old iPod Shuffle that I've used successfully for many years. I load it with podcasts and listen on my daily walks. Since upgrading to Big Sur I've been unable to sync podcasts onto my iPod. I tried using Finder as usual but the podcasts will not synch. All the correct boxes are checked so I'm stumped. Can anyone please help?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
First, since the Shuffle is old, is the battery still okay? I've had to throw away a good number of Shuffles over the years because the small battery in them doesn't last very long. Almost impossible to replace.

Since Big Sur is so new, I'm not sure how syncing will work from Finder with all the new security that's built into Big Sur. I'm still on Catalina so I can't test whether syncing still works for my Shuffle.

OP
R

RGW

Reaction score
The Shuffle's battery is fine. I suspect there's a bug in Big Sur or something else that's causing the problem. Maybe pilot error. LOL

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The Shuffle's battery is fine. I suspect there's a bug in Big Sur or something else that's causing the problem. Maybe pilot error. LOL

More than likely it's Big Sur. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Have you looked in the Podcasts app?

Were you using Catalina previously?

OP
R

RGW

Reaction score
In Catalina the iPod worked fine. I was able to load music onto the iPod so the device is good. I can't load podcasts though and I haven't found any solutions on the web.

OP
R

RGW

Reaction score
Problem solved. Nothing I did so it must have been in Big Sur.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.