iPod orientation

Reaction score
Does anyone remember how to change the orientation on an
iPod touch (2nd generation)

Navigation: Multi-Touch display

Model numbers and dates introduced: A1288,

I still use it when I go running but sometimes it changes orientation when I run and when that happens the music stops or skips to the next song.

Thanks
AAO

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Gosh, it's a while back; but is there not a small button on the right side near the top which turns on/off lock rotation?

Ian

OP
B
Reaction score
Gosh, it's a while back; but is there not a small button on the right side near the top which turns on/off lock rotation?

Ian
The small button is on the left hand side but not sure how your response resolves my issue?

But thanks

Albert O>

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
You said your device was 2nd generation so I had to think back to those days. If there is no small button on the right, then use Control Centre.

Swipe down from the top right of the screen to open Control Centre and turn it off/on by tapping on its icon.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
(link removed)...produces 403 error for site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
You said your device was 2nd generation so I had to think back to those days. If there is no small button on the right, then use Control Centre.

Swipe down from the top right of the screen to open Control Centre and turn it off/on by tapping on its icon.

Ian
That iDevice is too old for Control Center.

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That iDevice is too old for Control Center.

Thank you, Bob. That's what I assumed from the start, but when the OP said there was no side switch to turn on/off the rotation, I had to assume that it was a much newer model than it seemed.

Anyway, much obliged for your kindness. No doubt the OP has the solution now from your link.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.