iPod Nano 4th Generation

Reaction score
MUSIC : My assumption is that when clicking PLAY, the tunes will be played chronologically as they are listed (unless I go to SETTINGS and specifically choose REPEAT or ALBUMS or some such). So, having several hundred tunes available, I expect the iPod to just go about its business of going down the list. (Right? Wrong?)

Problem: iPod seems to be playing only several dozen of the tunes, and then replaying them, and then replaying them . . . so there I am, working away with the music playing . . . and finding myself thinking "didn't I just hear that about an hour ago . . .?!"

What's the problem, solution? Am I missing something elementary here?

Many thanks!

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
It's related to your settings. As you rightly say, Albums and Real should be turned off.

I have a suggestion. You want to hear all your Music. The simpler way to achieve this is to select "Shuffle". This will play everything on your Nano in random order. I know you said "chronological" but I'm not sure you can do that.

I'll investigate further on my iPod (original - you can guess how old that is!). But in the meantime, would you consider a random "Shuffle" of all your songs? (NB not Albums, although you can select that option if you wanted).

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.