Ipod Music Transfer

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently purchased an old iPod ( Model # A1288 SN # 9C846SJ7203) from a local thrift store and the iPod is fully functioning. It still has music installed is there a way to transfer the music from this iPod to my current PC computer which already has iTunes.

Thanks

bertmac

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Yes, but you will need third party software to do it. I'm only aware of one Windows program that you can use:

iMazing 2: Download iMazing 2 for Mac and PC - Official Page

Be careful with that older iPod as it may be formatted for the Mac. Don't let iMazing reformat it for your PC or you will lose all the music that's on it.

The reason you need third party software is that iTunes neither the Mac or Windows version will transfer from an iOS device to iTunes on your PC or Mac. It works the other way around.

OP
B
Reaction score
Yes, but you will need third party software to do it. I'm only aware of one Windows program that you can use:

iMazing 2: Download iMazing 2 for Mac and PC - Official Page

Be careful with that older iPod as it may be formatted for the Mac. Don't let iMazing reformat it for your PC or you will lose all the music that's on it.

The reason you need third party software is that iTunes neither the Mac or Windows version will transfer from an iOS device to iTunes on your PC or Mac. It works the other way around.

Just to keep you updated. On one of my other older Ipod's I located its Control Folder, U-hid it first. The found all the F00 folders and was able to drag and drop them in my computers Music folder. On my other older iPod I didn't have any luck. See below for its specs. Mine is the 16GB version. First, when I plug it into my (USB) computer it is not assigned a drive letter but I can see all of its songs in iTunes. I can also do right click to check properties and I can see that most of the iPod is filled with music. 3rd when I click on the iPod I see the DCM folder buts only that one. I try to perform the un-hide function by putting the check mark in but still I dont see the Control folder. In fact when I click on the DCM folder its empty??? So why is the music not showing??

Albert O

iPod touch 2nd Gen
533 MHz Samsung ARM*

Intro. September 9, 2008 Disc. September 9, 2009
Order MB528LL/A* Model A1288/A1319* (EMC 2341)
Family iPod touch 2nd Gen ID iPod2,1
RAM 128 MB* VRAM None
Storage 8, 16, 32 GB Optical None

Complete iPod touch 2nd Gen Specs

Reaction score
If you can check the music on your iTunes, you can transfer them to computer via iTunes? If no, try pro iOS data manager tool. It can help us transfer data from iPod to computer directly via USB cable. But I am not sure it works well on your iPod. Maybe you can have a try.

Reaction score

Step 1: Connect your iPod and launch iTunes. In the iPod management screen, scroll down to Options and check "Enable disk use." iTunes will give you a warning--select OK. Step 2: Now your iPod will show up as a drive on your Desktop. But before you can access its files, download and install a program called Houdini.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.