iPod, iTunes, and playlists

B

bm5k

Somehow my itunes music library file on my mac got damaged, and I've lost all of my playlists, ratings, and play counts etc... Is there any way to download the library file off of my iPod?

TIA

BM5k

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
there is no "library file" to speak of, its a library of folders separated by artist, album, etc. its probably just not showing in itunes, go here:
mac hd>users>your username>music>itunes>itunes music, thats the library, all your stuff should be in there in folders.

OP
B

bm5k

Macman said:
there is no "library file" to speak of, its a library of folders separated by artist, album, etc. its probably just not showing in itunes, go here:
mac hd>users>your username>music>itunes>itunes music, thats the library, all your stuff should be in there in folders.

then what are the files "itunes 4 music library" and "itunes music library.xml" that are in my hd>users>me>music>itunes folder?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
those are the lists of song names and info that itunes refers to when its open and displays track info and such.

Reaction score
The only thing u can take off your iPod is the music with iPod Browser... but you still have your music right???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Songs on your ipod are all there in numeric files that are invisible, if you use a program like Filebuddy you can uninvisiblize these files and you can drag and drop them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.