iPod HD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0GHZ coreduo 1G RAM
This may sound really dumb, but I need to send my macbook in for repairs and I'm afraid they will wipe my HD. is there any way I could copy my HD to a 80 gig iPod? and just have it stored on that HD till later? any help would rock, thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Yes. Just drag anything you want to copy to the iPod icon on the desktop and copy away.

OP
TigerTooth
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Alright, well my 80gig iPod came into today and I started syncing and everything, had some problems with it. it told me numerous times that the ipod could not sync since the drive could not be read or written to. whatever. I keep plugging it in an syncing it. But then I get to half the reason I bought the thing, to back up my system. One chap above me here said I just had to drag whatever I wanted to back up to the iPod icon, which is only around when I first plug in the iPod, but after its done it goes away. So here's what I did...

I created a file and put a bunch of apps I needed to save in it, I was planning on backing up a bunch of other stuff too. Now in this apps folder, it must be about maybe 2 gigs. I barely put over 11 on, which means I have like 63 gigs left. It said I couldn't copy the folder because there wasn't enough space! I got over 60 gigs left and I can't upload a folder not even 2 gigs in size, not to mention all the documents I need to back up! somebody please help me. I talked my wife into buying this expensive piece of equipment so we could both enjoy it and back up our system so I can repair my macbook, another thing I had to talk her into buying! ha! so any help would rock. steps, info, anything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
In iTunes, select the iPod icon and make sure you have it selected to mount on the desktop, I think it is called disk mode, it's a check box. This will allow you to use the iPod like any other USB-2 hard drive and it should stay mounted on your desktop.

OP
TigerTooth
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks again baggs!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.