iPhoto Out

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 2011 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB1333 MHz DDR3
I have heard that Apple is doing away with iPhoto and replacing it with a new App. Does anyone know if this will mean doing away with Photobooks? This is a feature I have used extensively. Hate to see it go. If it will be part of new app, I will be greatly relieved.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No one knows for sure what the new "Photos" app will be comprised of. However, traditionally Apple never removes the older version of an App unless it's not compatible with a new version of OS X. I suspect that you will be able to continue using iPhoto as long as it remains compatible.

C

chas_m

iPhoto was just updated to work with Yosemite, so you have at least another year to work with it and probably longer than that. Photos may or may not offer a photobooks option, but if by chance it doesn't there are at least half-a-dozen third-party apps (most from the same companies that contract to do the Apple photobooks) that will handle it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.