iPhoto Library

Reaction score
I am wondering how some of you have your pictures organized. I don't really use iphoto becase it if kind of a hassle. For some reason it is just weird, I used to have picasa in my PC. I have all of my pictures in a seperate "pictures" folder, within I have my other photos and pictures. I think I should just move all of these pictures to the iphoto library, it this s good idea?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Hi Cad2blender,

I use iPhoto for all my pics and I organize them in Albums. It has a little album-book icon in the Source list.

You can find your photos much faster in albums. To create one:
choose File > New Album > (command - N). or click the + button in the iPhoto window below the album list. When the dialog box appears you can type a name for your album, click OK and watch a new photo album icon appear in the source list.

You can make as many albums as you need and each new one will load to the bottom of the list. If you want any albums listed differently, simply drag them up or down the list.

Hope this makes sense and is helpful.

Good luck! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
Another thing I do to help in finding things, is to change the name of the 'roll" to something more descriptive -- Like "Pets" or "family" or "trip to ___". This is sort of a first-line sort.

If you do plan to use iPhoto, just remember to NEVER mess with the library from the Finder -- do any and all organizing from within the app itself. Messing in the finder will create havoc and you will have more problems than ever. Corruption, loss of photos, etc. can and will ensue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Good point Skybolt,
That is true, always go to iPhoto to do anything. Great advice! :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.