iPhoto Library

Reaction score
The iPhoto library is a Time Machine backup, and so cannot be used as the main library. Reopen iPhoto with the Option key held down to choose another library. What shall I do to find my photos?

Reaction score
Posting a proper question would sure help!!

Maybe use TM to restore your iPhoto Library and then use iPhoto to access it would be my suggestion if I understood your post!!

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5K Retina 27", August 2019, 3.6GHz Intel Core i9, Memory 32GB, 2TB SSD, macOS Monterey 12.6.3
Hi Kyriaki

Welcome.

Like pm-r, I'm having to make assumptions here. May I assume that, however it happened, that you deleted your iPhoto library? But do have a Time Machine backup? Yes? Well, as pm-r says, you can enter Time Machine, choose a date before the loss, navigate to the iPhoto library and hit Restore. Then open iPhoto and link it to your library.

Am I, and pm-r reading the situation properly?

And by the way, it would help to know what Mac you have (date and model), what OS you are running and perhaps some detail about how all this happened.

Ian

Reaction score
Thanks Ian for expanding my brief TM recovery Ian, it makes thing simpler and more sense for the OP. But I wonder if we'll even know if the OP posts back with info or success or…????

BTW: Ian is a good name and also happens to be my middle son's name. ;)

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5K Retina 27", August 2019, 3.6GHz Intel Core i9, Memory 32GB, 2TB SSD, macOS Monterey 12.6.3
BTW: Ian is a good name and also happens to be my middle son's name. ;)

Thank you for your courtesy. I like it too. I'm from Edinburgh, Scotland where it's a very old name (sometimes spelt Iain), denoting John in Gaelic, I think. Small world.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.