• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

iPhone running into OS issues, won't meet demand

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini w/ 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
Yea that "article" doesn't scream "chicken littleing". It's always good to read about sources without names and "confirmed reports" from people who supposedly exist.</sarcasm>

I'm not saying that they could be wrong...but that kind of rumormongering isn't going to help consumer confidence in the product. (Though it's doubtful that the average consumer reads that website.) If all of what they said is true then...

1) Apple knew about the delay but believed that if they put more people on it, they might not have to announce a delay for Leopard...oh well, it had to be delayed. (Or like I've stated before, that was a tactic to ensure that they have a big seller in the 4th quarter, because they'll need it for financial reasons.)

2) Apple will sell out of iPhones VERY quickly, and demand for them will be at a fever-pitch, enducing reminders of the "cabbage patch doll riots" in malls in the early 1980s.

3) The Chicken Littles will smugly say "told ya so" when they're right, and if they're wrong, they'll be forgotten. Hooray for the internet. :batman:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I'm not even thinking of getting one until they at least have 3g capability anyway, so it doesn't matter to me. I think people would be just in getting back at People who pointed and laughed when Vista was delayed, but I think the harshest they could do to Apple is rise above and not even say a word. Sometimes silence hurts even worse.

All the bickering and finger-pointing is worthless and childish anyway IMHO.

Reaction score
Oh come on. If the iPhone is delayed by a few months people go ranting about how Apple criticised Microsoft. MS released Vista 5 years after XP - 5 YEARS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
Oh come on. If the iPhone is delayed by a few months people go ranting about how Apple criticised Microsoft. MS released Vista 5 years after XP - 5 YEARS.

Agreed. And I daresay the iPhone will have all it's promised features, too - Vista is a pale shadow of what was promised in Longhorn. I don't mind any company delaying products - within reason - in order to get them working, but when the iPhone is delayed until 2012, then I'll compare Apple with MS.

OP
dan828
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G

What rant? It wasn't talked about in the article at all, and I only brought it up because it's been suggested that Apple looked bad when it was just Leopard being delayed. I don't get why people react so strongly to ANY criticism of Apple, even one as lightly worded as this was.

It's something to bring up anyways. First the Apple TV was a few weeks late, and then Leopard was delayed again. And I say again because it was pretty much implied last year that Leopard would ship at around the same time Vista did, and that was before Vista was delayed a couple more months. Now there are rumors about the iPhone slipping a few weeks.

I'm sorry, but that's not a rant. Maybe we've gotten complacent in the last few years, but I don't remember Apple having problems getting products out the door-- At least not since Jobs came back to Apple.

But you're right, what MS does shouldn't matter. But the comparisons are only being made because it was an Apple marketing strategy to point out the Vista delays, so they were bound to take flack over it, even if there is a large difference in the amount of time we're talking about.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2GB, Mac Pro 2.66Ghz 3GB X1900.
iPhone is a mistake too far. Apple needs to get their computer product line into shape. Launching an experimental Phone in the US market only and delaying core products isn't how to keep a company going.

Much of their product range is built around mobile CPUs and chipsets, only the high-end and expensive Mac Pro uses desktop/server processors and that's not a consumer product.

Mac Mini - Too hard to upgrade, low end graphics and mobile CPU

iMac - Average graphics, mobile CPU

Macbook and Macbook Pro - low end to average graphics, mobile CPU.

Apple need something like the PowerMac G4 again.

Apple TV is lacklustre, have they ever seen a media station? I run MythtV and that blows apple TV away.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2GB, Mac Pro 2.66Ghz 3GB X1900.

They coded up Vista in about 2 years. They started from scratch in August 2004 after one of their project managers said the development and testing processes were flawed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.