iPhone run home

Reaction score
I'm having building work, and wanted to set up my ipad/phone to run CCTV, alarm, heating, lighting, curtain tracks etc.... Please can someone in the know help me. I just don't know where to start. Thank you in advance. Debs

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
What are you looking to do (your question is a bit vague)? Are you looking for some sort of home automation solution? Apple is building in some home automation stuff into the next version of iOS but that won't be available for some time.

M

MacInWin

I use Indigo Domotics to control my limited home automation. All I control are some internal and external lights, but there are a full range of devices that the software is capable of managing. I don't try to control the home over the Internet as I am not sure of the security of that at this time. Maybe someday.

EDIT: Indigo has OSX and IOS applications, so you can use an iPhone, iPad or a Mac. It does require a Mac to act as the central server, but that application can run in the background on any Mac in the home network. I have an iMac that has that, plus is used for my wife's casual surfing, emailing, etc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.