iPhone locked after Fancy Keyboard Install

Reaction score
Hi all,
This is the dad here...
My daughter asked me to approve the install "Fancy Keyboard", it's on the App store. (we control the apple password).
After installing the app the phone went into lock mode.
the pin is not being accepted (even though while typing it shows that the correct numbers are being entered, so it does not hint that the keyboard has been shuffled around).

the phone itself seem to have disconnected from wifi (so can't do a remote reset) and plugging in a cable to reset phone.. phone is not showing up on my MAC either.

Please help.
iPhone X
Very recent OS, can't get access to specify, but it was updated in the last month.
G

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Can you try a hard reset of the iPhone and see if starts behaving properly?
  1. Press the Volume Up button and release it.

2. Press the Volume Down button and release it.

3. Press and hold the Side button (ignore the slide to power off slider). When the Apple logo appears, let go of the Side button. Wait for the iPhone to restart.

OP
georgelza
Reaction score
Can you try a hard reset of the iPhone and see if starts behaving properly?
  1. Press the Volume Up button and release it.

2. Press the Volume Down button and release it.

3. Press and hold the Side button (ignore the slide to power off slider). When the Apple logo appears, let go of the Side button. Wait for the iPhone to restart.
tried... did not hard reset phone.
just reboots.
G

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
just reboots.

Not wishing to cause any offence, but the timing of the button pushes can be critical. The fact it rebooted tells us that the Press Up followed by Press Down did work because for a reboot, the close timing of the two presses is less critical.

Sometimes it takes a few goes. It's a "quick, sharp" press on Vol Up followed immediately by a "quick, sharp" press on Vol Down; followed immediately by a quick, but sustained press on the Side button until the Apple icon  appears.

Worth another go, I suggest.:);)

Ian

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
As Ian said, the volume buttons have to clicked very quickly followed by the power button. Do it again until you see the Apple logo.

Also after the reboot, does the phone work or is it still locked out?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You might want to make an appointment at your local Apple store genius bar and have them resolve this for you.

OP
georgelza
Reaction score
what i was also starting to think...
thanks for trying to assist/appreciated.
G

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.