iPhone hacked? Any fix or way to tell if it’s real?

denialhenri

Reaction score
Was on google and got a pop up that my phone was hacked. I quickly exited. Is there any apps I can get to see if that was legit or some random pop up? I’ve had battery life issues which is a sign of being hacked. No other issues not concerned to see if I have an issue.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
It's very unlikely. These so called warnings are designed to scare you into doing something that benefits the sender; buy useless software, surrender your personal information and so on.
As for your battery useage you can go to Settings > Battery and scroll down, below the Activity graph you will see a list of all the apps that have used your power by percentage or time.

Reaction score
Your phone WAS NOT hacked. Trust me, it wasn't.

What you encountered was a bit of what we call "scareware." Scareware is a bit of social engineering that tries to scare you into doing something that you really shouldn't, like call a phone number, or visit a malicious Web site, or pay a ransom, etc.

There is no malware on your phone, and you have nothing to worry about. What you encountered amounts to a nasty ad on a Web site. You did exactly what you should do when encountering scareware, you exited the page without doing what the scareware was trying to get you to do. Relax and breathe easy.

You can check out your battery with this free utility:

Coconut Battery (free)

When your battery is at 80% or less of design capacity, it's time for a new battery.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Looks like you are having some trouble with browser popups on your iPhone. "Your iPhone Has Been Hacked" that notification is just a phishing attempt and is safe to ignore.
You might want to clear your history, cache and cookies.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
Then install adblock and a pop up blocker.

Reaction score
Your iPhone was not hacked. That is a spammer trying to get you to reveal your personal information like your Apple ID and or credit card information. If you clicked on it and gave your personal information out you need to change your Apple ID password ASAP. Also keeping your iPhone updated is your best protection. What model iPhone?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.