• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

iPhone coming June 29th

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
Love those ads. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
all i can think so say is that iphone looks SICK!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Sweet! I wish there was a way to reserve one. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2Ghz, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD
I wonder how apple's stock will do once the iphone is released

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
It was on Fox News today too. Got a fair write up from them but not much detail about it's features.

I'm waiting for some reviews in the next year. Plus, I'm on a Verizon contract so...:Not-Amused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Not soo keen on the style of the ads - they seem very obvious. But then again, I suppose not everybody knows what sets the iPhone apart, so there is a need to "educate".

But now I'm jealous... we won't get it for quite some time yet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
i just wish they went to verizon... but i know verizon would turn the phone into a crippled mess, but I can't get out of my contract for another year and 8 months.

Reaction score
I'm seriously considering this, but the price tag is steep. Hmm. :eek:

Reaction score
i just wish they went to verizon... but i know verizon would turn the phone into a crippled mess, but I can't get out of my contract for another year and 8 months.

PB, there's always a way to get out. Read the terms... it's very unusual and cruel for a company to do that - also, did you pay in advance?

Reaction score
can't you just cancel your card so they have no way of taking any more payments?

Reaction score
Wonder if I could buy it from America and get it unlocked....?!

I am too impatient to have to wait x more months!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
PB, there's always a way to get out. Read the terms... it's very unusual and cruel for a company to do that - also, did you pay in advance?

Yeah, there's usually a way to get out without having to pay the termination fee. From what I've read, you can terminate any time they make a small change (either to a service or user agreement). I think you can terminate with the recent change to the SMS system.

I'm pretty excited about the iPhone. I won't buy one right off the bat, but if Cingular can improve their call quality in my area with their AT&T partnership I would definitely be more inclined to change over from Verizon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
can't you just cancel your card so they have no way of taking any more payments?

When you sign up with a mobile service, they typically make you sign a contract agreenment for one or two years. With Verizon, if you terminate your contract before it ends you have to pay a $175 early termination fee. Those are simply the rules that you agreed to when you signed the contract. If you cancel your card used to make payments on the contract, they will damage your credit history and make it difficult for you to obtain and use credit in the future. But like I said earlier, there are small loopholes you can jump through to exit your contract earlier if you do some research.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini w/ 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
It was mean of apple to announce this on the weekend...most of us who cover Apple News do it during the week. Now my blog is 1 day behind...gotta...write...fast! ;)

I'll post any information I come across on the YMS Blog (see below)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini w/ 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
Ok Blog updated. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

there is a way to get out but it will cost me $175 a device that currently is on the plan: phones, computers cards, etc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.