iPhone battery careplan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
I have looked at Apple's 24 month program. I may consider that with my next iPhone. I probably won't for my husbands. He is very hard on his phone and the 12pro he currently has is proving to be a real trouper! So far it has taken two trips, that I know of, down the road while magnetically clinging to the side rail of his pickup truck's bed. Not kidding! It has also survived a drop out of his pocket down about 10 feet to concrete. I have a clear case on it and a screen cover (currently on the second one). I have taken it out of it's case and it still looks perfect. So I think it needs to go into a "hall of fame" for indestructible iPhones. :rofl

Lisa

OP
C
Reaction score
Lisa, I am signed up with the Apple's program to get a new phone, pay over 24 months interest free, trade in after 12 months for the next model, assuming it's ready. So, basically, I'm "renting" my iPhone, and I'm good with that. I'll trade this one in when the next model appears this Fall.
If I purchased the phone by credit card, can I join this service later?
I mean, I have Apple care already, but not the Apple care +...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
If I purchased the phone by credit card, can I join this service later?
I mean, I have Apple care already, but not the Apple care +...
No, you have to sign up for the plan with Apple before purchasing the iPhone. They then transferred the 24 payments to Citizen's One for loan processing, and when I trade it it, Citizens pays off the old loan and reissues it anew. Now that Apple has its own credit card, that is likely to change. But I'm not an Apple rep, so I don't have any insider information on that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
When I bought my Apple Watch 6 I use the 24mo plan and they put it on my Apple Card in a separate area so it was listed as a loan and was separate from my monthly charges. The monthly payment for the watch was then charged each month to my apple card which works for me.

Lisa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, they do offer 24 month pay off for just about anything. The special feature of the plan I am on is that after 12 payments I can trade the iPhone in for the balance on the loan and get a new one on another 24 month plan. I'm hoping they continue to make that same offer again. I've gotten a new iPhone each year for three years now. Kinda spoiled...

OP
C
Reaction score
I live in UK, there is no Apple card here...
Maybe the loan could be a choice, but it's with 15% APR.
I think that you are referring to the Exchange plan only, where interests are 0, otherwise every loan has 15% APR.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
They don't call it a loan. It's an Exchange plan, as you say. The cost over 24 months is the same. The handling of the payment process is through the loan company, that's all. I set up a credit card as a payment method, then I pay off the credit card every month, so no interest. When I exchange the payment may change if the 1/24 part of the new phone is more or less than the previous. But it's been pretty consistent over time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP (Retina, 15-inch Mid 2015) 16GB Memory 500GB HD. iPhone XR.
I charge my phone overnight and I do reset/turn off my phone when a program in IOS hangs. Otherwise never stays off

OP
C
Reaction score
They don't call it a loan. It's an Exchange plan, as you say. The cost over 24 months is the same. The handling of the payment process is through the loan company, that's all. I set up a credit card as a payment method, then I pay off the credit card every month, so no interest. When I exchange the payment may change if the 1/24 part of the new phone is more or less than the previous. But it's been pretty consistent over time.
Over 24 months it's not the same unfortunately, it's slightly more, but the service you get it's cool for sure.
It's difficult to decide. If all goes fine, it's worth to keep the phone you purchase for 36 months at least, this plan it's more badass and therefore slightly more expensive.
It may make a lot of sense if you compare 24 to 24 months, instead of 36 to 24 when you keep the phone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Over 24 months it's not the same unfortunately, it's slightly more, but the service you get it's cool for sure.
It's difficult to decide. If all goes fine, it's worth to keep the phone you purchase for 36 months at least, this plan it's more badass and therefore slightly more expensive.
It may make a lot of sense if you compare 24 to 24 months, instead of 36 to 24 when you keep the phone.
My monthly payment is exactly 1/24th of the total cost of the phone plus AC+. Not a penny more. Actually, the best deal is to trade in after the 12 months are up. That way I get a new phone every year, for a monthly payment that is interest-free. I started this with the X, then the 11 and now a 12. If they offer it for the 13, I'll do that, too. If you do the analysis, I'm paying roughly 1/2 the cost of the phone each year and have a new one every year. It's not until I stop that I end up paying the other 1/2. Now, I could keep and use an iPhone for 4-5 years, but it's nice to have the latest features, camera, speeds, etc., for basically 1/2 price (until I get to the end).

OP
C
Reaction score
iPhone 12 (128GB) + Apple care + Otterbox case (I probably missed the glass cover in the calculation, so it may be slightly more (40+))

1040 / 36 (months) = 28.8 pounds...
1040/ 24 (months) = 43.3 pounds...
46.45 pounds if I take the upgrade plan.

If you keep the phone 3y, it's convenient in that way, obviously if you don't break it.
For 24 months it makes sense to take the upgrade program.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.