iphone app reversal

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
A1286 MBP5,3 running 10.9.5, iphone6, Mac mini1,1 A1176 120/2gb
I have an iphone 4 A1349 16gb. It has OS 6.1.3 on it. I don't like os7, hence I haven't upgraded it. I recently updated an app via app store notification. I don't like it. I want my old version back. Is there anyway do do this? Thanks in advance.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
About the only way this would work is if the following scenario is true:
- You installed application version A (the old version) on your phone
- You synced your phone to your computer and transferred the purchase you initially installed the app from the iTunes app store
- You upgrade application to version B (the newer application) on your phone and NOT through the iTunes App Store on your computer and you have NOT sync'ed your phone to the computer and NOT transferred any of the purchases.
- If all of the above is true, you can remove the app version B from your phone and then sync it with the computer and it will put back version A back onto the phone.

If you've sync'ed with the computer, the copy of the version A of the app is overwritten with version B and you can't go back..

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
A1286 MBP5,3 running 10.9.5, iphone6, Mac mini1,1 A1176 120/2gb
yay! Thanks for bailing me out. I can do that scenerio ;-) No doubt it will nag me to ugrade again!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Yes it will and as long as you know which app it is, you'll want to upgrade apps one at a time. You might also want to make a backup of the current application file in your iTunes folder on your computer just in case you upgrade by mistake and want to go back, you can go through the same sequence as above..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.