• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

iPhone 8 ring

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac,intel core i3,processor speed 3.06ghz,processors 1,cores 2,L2 cache per core 256kb,L3 cache 4mb
for some reason my iPhone 8 has stopped ringing when some one calls me tried every thing that I know but cannot get it to ring wen I am called. Changed the ring tone to see if they work and sure enough they do ie when I change the the ring tone I get a sample ring.I have noticed when I turn the sound up via the button on the side of the phone it shows the bell with a strike through it.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
It looks like you either have the Sound turned off or you’ve turned the volume right down.

Open Control Centre and see if the Sound (icon looks like a bell) is turned off.

You might also make sure that the Volume is at max by pressing the Vol Up button on the left side of your iPhone. (Or it might be on the right side - I can’t remember as far back as the 8.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Its sounds like you disabled the ringer with the toggle switch on the side of your iPhone.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac,intel core i3,processor speed 3.06ghz,processors 1,cores 2,L2 cache per core 256kb,L3 cache 4mb
Thanks to you both IWT the sound is fully up on both. ferrarr will try the toggle switch and let you know.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
there are 3 buttons on the phone 1 on the right witch turns the phone on to stand by and a longer hold gives the option to turn the phone off, 2 on the left one to increase the vol one to decrease the vol neither toggle the the sound to on still see the bell that is struck through indicating that the sound is turned off ?, cannot find any where to turn the sound on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
There is supposed to be a Ring/Silent switch. It should be above the volume up button.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
There should be four. A power button, two volume buttons and a switch above the volume up button. IMG_4366.png

It's the switch top left we are referring to.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you every one found the 3rd button on the left side, don't know how it got turned off as it is recessed and the iPhone cover makes it hard to locate had to use the ball point end of a pen to switch the ring tone back on. O nice again thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.