iPhone 7 rapid battery drain

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
I had a new Apple battery installed in my iPhone 7 (running iOS 13.3.1 now) in December last year which allowed me, with normal use to simply charge daily instead of twice daily as had been the situation for some months. Battery health prior to the change showing as 86%.

Now Battery Health shows as 100% but now I'm lucky to get to 2PM before the battery gets down to around 10%.
I have used the Reset All Settings option and followed all of the usual steps to reduce background activity, Location Services etc, etc to no avail.
The last option would be to Reset to Factory Settings and Restore as a New iPhone which I'm loath to do unless I have no choice.

Does anyone have any advice on this?

On the bright side I wondered if there was a way to check the battery status on the iPhone from my Apple Watch and I found two apps on the App Store that work, Power ($0.99) and Battery Watcher (Free). I installed Battery Watcher and it works like a charm. There is a pay-for version which allows you to graph usage but I figured that was unnecessary.
Because of the way I use my watch I don't need to use my phone nearly as much so, being able to check the battery level from the watch is really handy, especially now.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Have you checked all your apps to see if something may be running in the background eating up the battery? I had a problem with my 6s+ battery and wound having to do a reset and restore from backup. After that it was okay. So far the 8 and 7+ we have are doing okay. Of course the battery you had installed may not have been a fresh unit but might have been in storage for awhile which could shorten its life.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Does anyone have any advice on this?

The #1 thing I've done with my iPhone to extend battery runtime is turn off "Notifications" for every app I don't consider essential. For me this even includes the "Mail" app.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.