Iphone 6 touch screen problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IPhone 6 - Airport Extreme - Mac Book Pro
Phone worked well this morning but then the touch screen stopped responding to swipes.

Tried to turn the phone off but it won't let me because you can't swipe to turn it off.

Any ideas or should I head to the store and get it replaced?

Thanks

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Woud head to the nearest store.

OP
lizardskeep
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Afraid of that .......
Thanks for the response.

OP
lizardskeep
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Update ...........
I have just learned that you can restart the Phone by holding down the on/off button and the touch button at the same time. It takes a while but it will reset.

Phone works now.

I think it must have been an app (FitBit) causing the problem cause when the phone came back up, that app was missing.

Rick

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Forgot about that - have had the minimal amount of RAM Apple puts in iDevices cause strange happenings in some apps, but don't think I've ever had one just freeze up.

Could be a combination of FitBit and another app - I have Audible glitching out or freezing when I use the Maps app at the same time quite often.

OP
lizardskeep
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I reinstalled the FitBit app and it is working properly.

The phone was working this morning. When I tried to bring up the FitBit app the touch screen just stopped responding. Once I found out I could restart the phone by holding down the two buttons at the same time, it restarted and has been working flawlessly since. First time it has ever happen to me.

Just glad it's working now LOL

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.