iPhone 6 Plus Transfer Question

Reaction score
So, after missing the Fed Ex guy on Friday, I was so excited get my new 6 Plus today. When setting it up I was stupid and just clicked on the last update, 9/18, and then realized after that I need several work-related texts that happened in those few days. What's the easiest way to get those on my new phone?
I thought maybe if I hooked both iPhones up to my Macbook Pro, there would be some easy way to do it but not seeing it.
***Playing around with the new phone, I just realized that it is still restoring the info from the 4S. Should I stop the restore? Or will it even matter because text is already downloaded.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
When you say "just clicked on the last update, 9/18" do you mean that's the latest backup?

If so, then you haven't backed up the latest state of your phone and the messages are obviously lost.

If, however, you have a newer backup you can go to Settings-General-Reset-Erase and content and settings and restore the latest backup.

If the messages you need are on the 4s, backup this phone now then restore that backup to your new phone

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.