iphone 5c won't download or send email

Reaction score
no updating of email on my 5c iphone when on the road. i use gmail

i thought it was shaky internet connection but now i'm home and i get nothing. help please.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Without knowing how you have your mail app setup on the 5c we can't offer much help. However, if you have gmail as your isp, you can always open Safari on your 5c and go direct to the gmail web site and sign in with your password. You can read your mail and send mail from there if necessary.

Do you have iCloud setup on your 5c? And do you have an iCloud mail account? And I guess I should also ask if your using iOS 8.1.2?

C

chas_m

Yes, "how are you accessing gmail" would be the first question to answer. A little info on how up-to-date you are with the 5c (iOS version for example) would also be helpful.

OP
L
Reaction score
using 8.1.3. spoke with apple care they had me delete my account and then add it and it worked, but don't know why.

thanks so much for your input. good to know yr there for us no nothings.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
I have had issues like this with our Comapany email ( I have set up all of my family businesses iPhones, over 500). I am not sure what it is but some phones I can put the server information and all the goodies in for Exchange/O365 and it wont take it. But, if I save it and then restart the device and open mail, it magically works with no other configuration. I am not sure what the issue is but I have seen it with all versions of iOS.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.