iPhone 3GS powerdrain problem

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

As many users know, iPhone 3gs battery life is pretty rubbish but on a recent long journey in the car I found that whilst on charge from a newly purchased usb charger the battery drained in spite of being on charge.

Is this just a crap charger that I bought or does is the iPhone actually capable of drawing more power than it's charging system will allow to be put into it?

I have owned allsorts of phones and PDA devices over the years and never have I known a device hat could do that.

Limited battery life can be a pain but is not beyond a measure of control, however on my trip when the battery did drain the phone would not switch back on for nearly 30 minutes! Which proved a major frustration!

Any other device I have owned had circuitry in that meant as soon as the device was charging it would come back on, with full use of all faculties and charge up at the same time.

Fir an otherwise brilliant bit of kit this seems a serious flaw, anybody have anything to offer on the subject?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
My guess is that you have yourself a bad car charger.

Clay

OP
S
Reaction score
I did think that it seemed somewhat shortsighted of apple.
But, this was just a car/USB adapter thing with USB iPhone cable.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.