iphone 3g wifi not working

Reaction score
I have tested against several networks..same prob..
It will only pick up the wifi if actually standing next to the router... keeps it for about 1 min then loses it..defaults to edge.

I know it's not the networks as have also tested my MBP at the same time..and at home have half a dozen computers of various types happily connected to my router (belkin 54g..old but never failed me!)

I have restored the iphone.. no joy. Reset network..ditto..
Naturally my phone is just out of warranty...grrr

Any suggestions before I do a 2 hour drive to the nearest genius bar?!?!
Thanks

C

chas_m

Yes.

1. Call Apple first. They will make you go through much of that nonsense again, but this time there will be a record. They may even be able to fix it, or help expedite matters.

2. If you do find that you need to go to the Apple Store, make an appointment first.

OP
C
Reaction score
Is it worth calling Apple when it's out of warranty? Sod's law it's 14 months old and I don't have apple care (never occurred to me tho I have it for my mac). I can take it to an apple store but have heard they charge a lot to repair:( and wonder if it's worth trying to find a local UK repairer.

Thanks again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.