iPhone 13 passcode

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macOS Monterey 12.2 iMac 24-inch,2021 Apple M1 8GB
Can I use a numeric passcode on my new iPhone 13 to open it ? I have problems with finger tip recognition (causes me all sorts of problems at work).

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Of course. Almost everyone uses a numeric passcode.

Instead of the 6 digit standard passcode, I suggest you opt for an 8 digit passcode. That means that instead of the routine passcode, you select personal option.

But whether you stick with a 6 or 8 passcode - YES - you CAN use nothing but numerals.

Good luck.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
I use 4 -12 numbers, but opt to use the alpha-numeric option, so others may assume there are numbers, letters and special characters being used.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the replies .I cant find any information on setting numeric passcode when using quick start any advise would be most welcome.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
No, if you are using Quick Start to set up a new device, then you have wait, and change the passcode after the device iOS is installed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I have problems with finger tip recognition (causes me all sorts of problems at work).

I don't know if this trick will still work but I also had trouble with finger-tip recognition when using a trackpad, and a Mac Guru friend who also had the same problem suggested doing what he did thank you when a finger touch didn't work, and that was to breathe out a large breath with lips wide open on the hand using the finger touching. I think the idea was to add some moisture to the fingers.

It worked for him and it certainly worked for me when I needed it, and apparantly it changes some sort of capacitance or something.

Anyway, it may be worthwhile giving it a try, and let's hope it works for you.

- Patrick
=======

Last edited:
OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for all the advise phone now set up. I think owing to previous failures at work I will not use fingertip recognition.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Thanks for all the advise phone now set up. I think owing to previous failures at work I will not use fingertip recognition.
Why not facial ID? That's the easiest on that Phone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.