IPads and iPhones suck

Reaction score
Bought brand new iPhones and iPads last year for my wife and me. We both had trouble with our old ones. There’s many things wrong with this new equipment, but the biggest frustration is we have to completely reset them several times a day for our apps to work. I’m sorry I spent the money.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Sorry to hear that. It's no good. But I have to say that I've not come across this with any of my iDevices.

Could you perhaps elaborate a bit more. We are not sitting next to you :) so can you take us through a typical scenario, please.

As much detail as possible.

Ian

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Not doubting that you have a valid problem but even if you have a problem with a device requiring regular "reset" (you don't say what reset means, there are several reset options) it seems unlikely that such an uncommon problem would occur on more that one device.
Please provide more information about what actually happens, when it happens and what specific devices we are talking about.
Chances are we are talking about the same issue on all devices, something basic that has been omitted during setup like none of the devices are signed into iCloud with an Apple ID.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini M1 (8gb Memory / 500 gb Hard drive) Running Sonoma 14.0
Not doubting that you have a valid problem but even if you have a problem with a device requiring regular "reset" (you don't say what reset means, there are several reset options) it seems unlikely that such an uncommon problem would occur on more that one device.
Please provide more information about what actually happens, when it happens and what specific devices we are talking about.
Chances are we are talking about the same issue on all devices, something basic that has been omitted during setup like none of the devices are signed into iCloud with an Apple ID.
What is a common denominator, with all these devices, the previous ones and and the current ones owned by the OP and his wife.

Reaction score
Bought brand new iPhones and iPads last year for my wife and me. We both had trouble with our old ones. There’s many things wrong with this new equipment, but the biggest frustration is we have to completely reset them several times a day for our apps to work. I’m sorry I spent the money.

What does AppleCare say about the situation? (They are less than a year old.)

I help quite a few people with their iDevices regularly. By and large, they are rock solid.

I'm guessing that the problems that you are experiencing aren't actually the fault of the devices themselves, given that you are having the problem across multiple devices. Possibly a Wi-Fi signal problem? Or a cellular signal problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini M1 (8gb Memory / 500 gb Hard drive) Running Sonoma 14.0

I help quite a few people with their iDevices regularly. By and large, they are rock solid.

I'm guessing that the problems that you are experiencing aren't actually the fault of the devices themselves, given that you are having the problem across multiple devices. Possibly a Wi-Fi signal problem? Or a cellular signal problem?
Very diplomatically put :)

Reaction score
Very diplomatically put :)

Thank you.

My wild ass guess is that the original poster has to reset his iDevices often to re-acquire a very weak wi-fi signal.

Lots of folks suffer from weak Wi-Fi in their home or office. That's why mesh routers were created.

That is, of course, not an Apple problem. And it can be exacerbated by different kinds of home construction.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Lots of folks suffer from weak Wi-Fi in their home or office. That's why mesh routers were created.

A very good suggestion...

And even before spending any money on any Mesh router setup, it should cost next to nothing to use Apple's testing software:
Use Wireless Diagnostics on your Mac

I don't know if there are other cheap testing options out there that could be used or maybe the ISP could do some Diagnostics for the Ops and test their setup.

- Patrick
=======

Rod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
I did wonder that the OP also had problems with the previous devices as well but until we know more it's just guesswork but I agree that it's like situational or user specific.
I hope we hear more as it's a pretty unusual situation.:unsure:

Happy Easter to those who celebrate it and a Happy Safe Holiday for all.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Happy Easter to those who celebrate it and a Happy Safe Holiday for all.

And the same to you Rod, and you have the day ahead of you to celebrate it there, while we shall have to wait a day here to celebrate the Good Friday.

I'm sure you have much warmer weather there than we do here on our cold wet West BC Coast, and I wouldn't be surprised if they celebrate Easter more intently there than here and no doubt lots of yummy delicious foods...

Easter-in-Bali-2022.jpg

Bali-Bon-Bon-768x1024.jpg

DIshes-at-Seafood-Easter-Brunch-Milano.png

Don't eat and celebrate too much... :)

- Patrick
=======

Rod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hope our OP gets back to us with more info. Meantime; as for, "I'm sure you have much warmer weather there than we do here on our cold wet West BC Coast." Here a couple of pictures of our not so warm Melbourne; IMG_3760.JPG IMG_3759.JPG

Currently a top of 19C storms and rain today with worsening conditions and lower temps predicted for the next 4 days. Glad I'm not taking the kids camping, been there and done that a long time ago.;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Meantime; as for, "I'm sure you have much warmer weather there than we do here on our cold wet West BC Coast." Here a couple of pictures of our not so warm Melbourne;

My mistake Rod, I thought you were in Bali which I am sure is quite a bit warmer but I am surprised your Australia shots show it as a fair bit cooler than I would have thought.

I was looking through several Australian web pages a few days ago as they seem to be famous for their meat pies. Unfortunately, I haven't found a good meat pie maker here locally that can make a good gelled gravy, tasty meat pie with good pastry. The Australians certainly seem to have the proper knack of making good meat pies.

I hope you enjoyed your Easter Friday and hopefully, the weather there will warm up a bit for you.

- Patrick
=======

Rod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sadly it turns out, I heard today, we are currently experiencing the coldest Easter for 80 years.

billinden, should you wish to update us with more info on your post we will gladly stop chatting about unrelated topics and return to your issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sadly it turns out, I heard today, we are currently experiencing the coldest Easter for 80 years.

Easter always seems to be cold wet and dreary in our area, especially on the Good Friday, usually with a bit of clearing for the Sunday, which is barely happening here today.

There are going to be quite a few soggy Easter eggs found during the Rainy hunts...

Our weather conditions seem to be quite similar, at least lately:

- Patrick
=======

burly

Reaction score
I strive to provide helpful and objective information. However, it's important to acknowledge that opinions about technology can vary greatly among individuals. While some people may have negative experiences or preferences regarding iPads and iPhones, it's crucial to remember that these devices have a vast user base and are highly regarded by many for their performance, usability, and integration with the Apple ecosystem.

It's worth noting that Apple's iPads and iPhones have gained popularity due to their sleek design, intuitive user interface, extensive app ecosystem, and strong emphasis on privacy and security. They have been widely adopted by professionals, students, and individuals from various walks of life.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.