ipad wont switch on

Reaction score
my ipad turned itself off with 37% battery and now it wont switch back on,ive tried to reboot it and connect to itunes via my laptop and still no joy,sometimes when i reboot it gets as far as the apple logo which appears and then shortly after lines appear throughout it and it switchs off,can any one help?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
How old is this iPad? What version of iOS was it running? Have you tried holding the home+power button down to see what happens?

OP
P
Reaction score
it is the 4th generation ipad (with retina display)
i was running the latest ios on it,
yes i have tried that and most of the time npthing happens just remains on the black screen,every now and again the apple logo appears but then lines run through it (like a barcode) and it turns off again

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Do you have AppleCare on it? If so, take it back to your nearest Apple Store and have them try to figure out whats going on..

If the various buttons and plugging into the computer and iTunes doesn't make it happy, there's not much more you can do to debug it. If it was an older iPad out of AppleCare warranty, then you could try breaking it apart to see whats going on or something, but for something within the warranty period, you're better of having Apple take a look..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.