iPad Safari issue after 8.1 upgrade

Reaction score
My iPad has developed random insensitivity but only since the 8.1 upgrade. I touch a link and it seems dead. Not all the time though.
Anyone know any fixes please?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Which iPad (model) do you own? Insensitivity is usually due to a defect in the touch screen circuitry or the screen itself. The fix is to replace the screen. However, you should have someone at Apple look at it first. Apple does not charge for diagnostics provided you take it to a genuine Apple Store genius bar.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
It's also possible that the links you are having problems with are due to intermittent connection issues with your ISP…or maybe the website(s) that you are trying to connect to is having issues (or down for maintenance).

The issues may have nothing to do with the iOS 8.1 update.

Just a thought.:)

- Nick

OP
R
Reaction score
Which iPad (model) do you own? Insensitivity is usually due to a defect in the touch screen circuitry or the screen itself. The fix is to replace the screen. However, you should have someone at Apple look at it first. Apple does not charge for diagnostics provided you take it to a genuine Apple Store genius bar.

Thanks, the iPad is A1458 MD510X/A retina display 16GB new in March 2013. The touch screen works perfectly in every other app. Most web pages are fine but I'm suspecting that it might be when I search a page I've been to before. RobinH

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If the screen works in other apps, and since your iPad is fairly new, there's probably nothing wrong with the hardware. The update to iOS 8.1 did not change anything that would do what you say is happening though. I have both an iPad and iPhone running 8.1 and have not seen that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.