ipad min unusable

Reaction score
my ipad mini started out misspelling words, adding letters and periods, then got really bad changing pages and jumping around. it also tells me it is not charging when i plug it into the wall but it does charge and it can be impossible to slide the "slide to open" bar at startup. i hit the back/erase button and it adds jibberish, string of letters. i called a number online for help and they are in india and want $50 to fix it over the phone. does anyone know what is going on and how to fix this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Have you tried a reset? Settings -> General -> Reset. You can reset all settings which will not erase the content but reset all the system settings.

If that doesn't work, is there an Apple Genius bar available? That would be my next suggestion. I know they charge for support if you are outside your warrantee period but from what I have read on here, the genius bar will diagnose for free. So far, I have not had to test that information.

Lisa

Reaction score
Sounds like you got the iPad malware that was going around.

Called Backdoor.trace.ipad it was a piece of malware that messed with I.O.S and held devices in a ransom state don't send it to india that number you called was most likely a scam.

you need to go into a real apple store and have them do a complete diagnostic on the device including a hardware scan of which they can do.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.