iPad and printer problems

Reaction score
I use an iPad 2nd generation with IOS 8.1, HP Office Jet 6600 printer. Am having trouble connecting them wirelessly I also use a MacBook with OSX Lion 10.7.5 that connects flawlessly. Every thing worked with both the iPad and the MacBook and then I did something and only the MacBook connects. I have no idea where to look. Can you give me any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hi Willibi - welcome to the forum! :)

For starters, I would 'power recycle' the printer and your wireless router, i.e. pull the plug or turn off the power switch (if present), wait a minute or so, then re-power the modem followed by the printer; also, Reset the iPad (hold down the On-Off & Home buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, then let the device 'reboot'). Make sure the printer & iPad are on the same wireless network - try to print - if still not successful, check this HP Support Page - good luck and let us know your results. Dave

OP
W
Reaction score
iPad & printer

Many thanks to RadDave for his quick and simple cure to my problem. Everything works like a charm! I knew I was close to solving it myself but I just needed that hint.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Many thanks to RadDave for his quick and simple cure to my problem. Everything works like a charm! I knew I was close to solving it myself but I just needed that hint.

Hi Willibi - glad that a simple solution worked for you! :) Dave

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.