iPad air 2 vs macbook pro for college

dfw

Reaction score
i was wondering what yall's thoughts were since microsoft office came out on ipad. Which would be a better fit for college?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Early 2011, 2.7GHz i7, 16GB; iPad Air 2, iPhone 6
MacBook is still preferable. iPads are great but still lacking in functionality. For example, if you need to print something you'd better have an AirPrint option or you are out of luck. IMHO iPads are still more entertainment than functional...even as I type this response from my iPad. :). I do a lot of public speaking and utilize visual presentations and I could not do my job solely on an iPad. The MBP, for me, is still absolutely essential.

C

chas_m

I'm more of an advocate for the iPad as a user tool than the above poster, but for college I would tend to agree with him. I do a lot of writing on my iPad and other useful things, but the MBP has it beat for pure productivity and having multiple things going on at the same time. I love love LOVE having both, however.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.