iPad air 11.5"

Reaction score
Is there any way to play movies on an iPad that are stored on a flash drive? I once had an IXpand flash drive that had battery storage on board but it died and I can't find a suitable replacement. Thanks in advance for any help.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
If you're talking about a USB thumb drive/flash drive...you can get a "lightning to USB" adapter to connect the flash drive to your iPad Air. I'm not 100% sure if the iPad Air will play the movie from the flash drive directly...or if the movie needs to be imported into the iPad Air first.

HTH,

- Nick

p.s. Thread title says "iPad Air 11.5". Is this referring to the display size or the model ID? If display size (since the " symbol was used)...the largest iPad Air has a 10.5" display. If the model ID...I think the highest model ID number is 11,4.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Good deal.:)

If you decide to purchase an adapter...please let us know if you're able to play the movie from the flash drive directly...or if it needed to be imported into the iPad first.

Thanks,

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.