iPad 2 lost cellular data

Reaction score
After upgrading to the 8.1 operating system my iPad 2 is eternally
"searching" when I turn on cellular data. A tech at the local Apple store worked on it for some time to no avail. He suggested waiting for a software upgrade. Are there any other options?

M

MacInWin

Posted in the wrong forum. Can a MOD move this to the IOS forum so it gets better exposure to folks who might be able to help?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
After upgrading to the 8.1 operating system my iPad 2 is eternally
"searching" when I turn on cellular data. A tech at the local Apple store worked on it for some time to no avail. He suggested waiting for a software upgrade. Are there any other options?

Which carrier does your iPad 2 use? I had no difficulty when upgrading my iPad 3 to iOS 8.1 with maintaining a cellular signal. I use T-Mobile as my carrier and have their sim card in my iPad 3. You might want to check with your carrier to see about replacing the sim card as they have been known to go bad. A bad sim card will not effect WiFi but will kill your cellular.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.