iOS8 on iPad 2 very slow

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 3.06GHz intel core i3, OSX 10.7.5; iBook G3, pre steam! iPad 2; iPhone 5
I've installed 8.1.1 on my iPad 2 and it's horribly slow now, even keystrokes. Would an upgrade to iPad Air 2 give a faster response?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I've installed 8.1.1 on my iPad 2 and it's horribly slow now, even keystrokes. Would an upgrade to iPad Air 2 give a faster response?

Of course it would. That's 4 generations newer than the iPad 2 and trust me, it is wickedly smooth.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14

Suggest trying a 'Reset' on the iPad 2, i.e. hold down the ON-OFF & HOME buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, release both buttons and wait for a re-boot. I installed iOS 8.1.1 on my iPad 2 and did not experience the problem you state.

I bought my old iPad 2 in spring of 2011 and just replaced it w/ an iPad Air 2 (more RAM, super fast new processor & co-processor, etc.) - SO, I agree you would see a BIG difference w/ Apple's newest iPad; plus, after using the new iPad for just over a week, the iPad 2 feels like holding a brick - :) Dave

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.