iOS upgrade problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacsOSX13.6.4;10.13.6;iPhone SE2 17.3.1;SE1 15.8;iPadMini15.8;iPadAir 2 15.8
I have been told that a number of people have lost wifi on their iPhones after upgrading to iOS 8.1 and that there is no simple way to rectify this. I recently saw an iPhone advertised on eBay that seems to have suffered this fate and was consequently offered at a low price. Fortunately the iPhone 4s I bought had already been successfully upgraded.

The person who told me this had had his iPhone replaced FOC by Apple presumably because it was only about a year old.

I have been assured on this Forum that, provided the iPhone has been backed up on a MBP, iMac or similar it can be restored to its pre-upgrade condition. Experiences of this kind cast doubt on such assurances and, if the iPhone is past its warranty period, it will presumably not be eligible for replacement.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac mini late 2012; mac mini early 2014; old mac mini running centos; new macbook air; iPad;iPhone
I guess the question could be "should I spend the money and then upgrade?"

considering your concern, I wouldn't do it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.