iOS 8 and updating apps

Reaction score
I have completed the iOS update to my iPad air and iPhone 5s. Now my Numbers app and 1Password app need updating which I have had only partial success for two days now. Is there an answer as to why this happening? Here is what's happening:

1. Update Numbers on iPad - successful
2. Update Numbers on iPhone - unsuccessful for two days now. Update wheel just keeps spinning.

1. Update 1Password on iPad - unsuccessful for two days now. Update wheel just keeps spinning.
2. Update 1Password on iPhone - same problem as iPad.

Actually I have tried to download a few new apps as well and have same problem.

Thanks all for any help.

Last edited:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The key is not to do your updates that way. Update all your iOS apps by using iTunes as it's not only faster but allows more versatility in the installation process. Once the apps have been updated in iTunes, just attach your iPad Air and 5s to your Mac or PC via the lightning USB connector and sync. Very fast that way and is what I do in lieu of WiFi or cellular updating.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply cascag. I don't have a Mac right now and my work PC does not have iTunes on it so I'm guessing here that I just have to keep trying. My wife has a Mac but I don't know how to access my iTunes account on her computer? I gifted my MacBook Pro to my granddaughter starting college and have not replaced it yet.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Rather than try to figure out if you and your wife both have the same Apple ID or if you can update via her iTunes, it's probably best for now to keep trying to do a WiFi or cellular update. Use WiFi if at all possible in order to save minutes and data (depends on your carrier plan).

And by the way, I also gave my 2011 iMac to my college going grand daughter but I made sure I bought a 2013 model at the same time. ;)

OP
S
Reaction score
chscag, I'll keep trying via wifi. So far no luck. My wife and I do have separate Apple ID's.
After I bought my first iPad my Mac just sat in the home office collecting dust. I am able to do pretty much everything my daily life calls for on my iPad. I really don't want to buy a new Mac just to connect to iTunes.
Over time I have had to do app updates as well as iOS updates on wifi and all always went fine. This iOS update has not gone as well. Thanks again for the help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.