iOS 5 on a MacBook Air

Reaction score
Will iOS 5 run as a separate dual boot operating system on a MacBook Air?

They run processors in the same family, but I am not trying to make a technical argument why they should. I was wondering if Apple or a third party had set it up so they will.

My problem is the software developers. They are writing some features for their iOS app and other features for their OS X version. It is inconvenient to have to carry an iPad and MacBook xxx and switch back and forth, not to mention expensive, or worse, have be working someplace with an iPad and get stuck until you can run back to an iMac.

Dual booting would not be ideal, and I have no idea what the iOS experience would be like without a touchscreen, but it might be an acceptable compromise until a MacBook Air Tablet or something comes out.

Reaction score
Macbook airs run Intel processors, iPad/iPhone run on ARM chips, completely different!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MB Pro, 2.66 i7 ; 11” MBA 1.8GZ i7; 13"MBA 2GZ i7 8 GB mem 512GB SSD, 2 iPad3s, 1 iPad Mini
Totally different operating systems so

the answer is no.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
not even close Intel processors are no where close to the arm chips that are in the ipad

OP
T
Reaction score
No work around, huh?

Sorry for the lazy question. I know nothing about iPad, iPhone architecture, as is evident from the question. I could have done the research myself.

I guess I'm stuck with either only partial functionality or out a lot of money.

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.