• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

iOS 14.6 and macOS Big Sur 11.4 arrive with new audio features and more

Reaction score
Five iPhones on a table

Enlarge / The 2020 iPhone lineup. From left to right: iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12, iPhone SE, and iPhone 12 mini. (credit: Samuel Axon)

Apple released a plethora of operating system updates today, including iOS 14.6, iPadOS 14.6, tvOS 14.6, watchOS 7.5, and macOS Big Sur 11.4. Generally, today's software updates add new features and not just bug fixes—though some new features won't actually be available until later.

Those features are spatial audio with Dolby Atmos and the accompanying support for lossless streaming audio formats on Apple Music. These abilities were announced a week ago, but Apple says they're not going live until sometime in June. Those audio features are the only new features in tvOS 14.6, so that update isn't much to write home about.

However, there's a lot more to the other updates. Starting with watchOS 7.5, users will now be able to subscribe to podcasts within the Podcasts app. And watchOS now supports Apple Card Family, a shared credit card system meant to help couples build credit together while managing their dependents' spending. watchOS 7.6 also enables ECG and irregular heart-rate rhythm notifications in two new regions: Malaysia and Peru.

Read 5 remaining paragraphs | Comments

Click here to view the article...

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Not being a podcast user in any sense of the word and still not covered for the irregular heart rate rhythm in Indonesia or Australia on Apple watch these updates don't really hold any special appeal for me.
But 58 security fixes? That's a different kettle of fish.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Hey Rod:

Have you seen this?

I've seen it advertised on TV for US $99.00.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Wow!!! No I had not seen that or anything like it as far as size, portability and iPhone integration.
I'm not sure how I could get one here but I will look into it.
Thanks (y)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.