Internet problem

Reaction score
Okay I've been trying to figure this out for a few days now, and I'm totally stumped. I've searched and searched and nothing has worked.

I have a Powermac G4 running Leopard.

Modem->G4=perfect
Modem->Router->Ethernet->G4=FAIL
Modem->Router->Wireless->G4=FAIL

I have a "3rd party" airport card, but it is one of the PCI cards specifically built as "airport replacements".

My big problem is "SELF-ASSIGNED IP!!" I know there are threads all over, but none of them helped me.

(P.S.- I have tried power cycling many times over)

Thanks in advanced for your help,

GF

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Is the driver for that PCI Nic installed in OSX? I have really never worked with the After Market NIC cards for powermacs.

I am wondering though if it's a driver issue? Does the card show up if you click on the Apple, About this Mac and More Info under Airport or under PCI?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Sure the router software is installed? And what router is it?

OP
godfatherrr
Reaction score
I don't believe it's a drivers issue-the PCI wireless card shows up as a "3rd Party Airport Card"

The router is a Linksys WRT54G and it connects perfectly to ALL the Windows machines in my house.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.