Interesting iCloud Photo quirk

Reaction score
I decided to try the iCloud storage with the new Photos app. I've been uploading photos, looks like it is going to take a long time. I signed in to my iCloud account to see if I could view any of the photos so far. I have pictures of my car and bike license plates that I took with iPhone, just to keep in case ever needed. I took the pics in my garage in Arizona about a year ago. When I saw them on iCloud they showed the location as Woerden - Kamerik Oortjespad I had to look it up. I don't remember ever being in Netherlands with my vehicles. What the...

Always fun with new apps and programs.:Cool:

OP
J
Reaction score
It has been about 12 hours since I started uploading photos to icloud and I am about halfway through. I have about 7000 pics, very few videos and all of them are less than 2 minutes. Very slow process IMO but I have no previous experience with an upload like this so I don't know if this is to be expected. I've uploaded stuff to Google drive and Dropbox but just very little at any one time. Looks like it will take at least the rest of today.

Reaction score
Same as most people. Big data loads, lot of people trying it out for first time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.