Installing XP on MBP, Made Mistake

Reaction score
I was using bootcamp to setup a windows partition and must have made a mistake somewhere. Now my MBP wont boot up all the way, (only dings and has a white screen), after about 40 seconds the white screen goes away and I am asked to boot from a CD. The xp install disc is still in the drive and so it wants to boot from it and wont load OS X. The only option is to enter the blue windows screen for repair, upgrade or setup. Is there anyway to get this XP disc out of my drive? Or perhaps a way to fix what ever I did wrong? Please help.

OP
M
Reaction score
**UPDATE**

It would appear that after I run the set up for windows on its partition the system needs to reboot. After rebooting I get the blank white screen and no drive options, then the screen goes black, says press any key to boot from CD, DISK ERROR and press any key to restart, and the xp disk is Still stuck in the drive. sigh... Ive only had this macbook for 8 hours, any help would be greatly appreciated.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Reboot the machine and hold down your Option Key. You should be given the choice of booting from your Macintosh HD (OS X). Do so. When back in OS X, eject the CD by using the keyboard eject or drag it to the trash.

When back in OS X and after the Windows CD has been ejected, run the Boot Camp assistant again. Select create partition, restore. That will wipe the Windows partition out and all will be restored to OS X.

Then get some rest... read the Boot Camp instructions once more and try again later. :D

OP
M
Reaction score
chscaq,

Better advice could not have been given. Ty.

I have windows installer stuff and its going much better this time around.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.