Installing Parallels on Mac Min

Reaction score
Hi there,
I have a 2.66 intel core duo 2009 model of Mac Mini with 160 gb hard drive and 2 gig of ram.

I strictly bought this machine for watching tv online along with surfing etc.

Now there are some websites that don't work on apple side of things even with flip4mac.

I was wondering if I installed Parallels just to go to those sites, would be my specs be sufficient or I need more ram?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
They should be fine. However, if you are going to do anything that puts a little more stress on the video/graphics you might want to think about Boot Camp.

OP
J
Reaction score
all i want to do is simply watch streaming video

is boot camp free? I used it when it first came out but still find parallels is best to run windows unless i am wrong?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
all i want to do is simply watch streaming video

is boot camp free? I used it when it first came out but still find parallels is best to run windows unless i am wrong?

Boot Camp is free, but a legit OS is not. I am guessing you already have that as well since you are running Parallels. That being said, video should stream fine in Parallels.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.