Installing os x version 10.6.4

Reaction score
Please Some one Help me. I just bought this new I mac online a few days ago. I came with the Installing os x version 10.6.4 & Application Install DVD.

The OS is not install, So I have to do it my self. I have the legal version that came with the PC. I Can't seem to be able to install the os x version 10.6.4 on.

When I insert the Disc to reboot and hold the "C" Key All I get is like a grayish white back ground with the apple logo in the center of the monitor.

So I've tried the Alternative start the computer while holding the Option key. This time A square with a picture of a CD in the middle square appear and

underneath it read "MAC OS INSTALL DVD" with and Arrow Pointing UP and the option to click on it. So I clicked on it and the Gray screen with the apple logo appear again and nothing happened. I've tried numerous time and the end result is the same. Please help?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Is this a used iMac? Are the DVD's gray in color? Are you sure they are for that machine as Gray OSX DVD's are machine specific.

Check the main OSX DVD you are trying to boot from. Does it have Smudges or any scratches?

Also exactly what iMac is this? Since you can't boot into OSX, you can't check, but what does it look like? Do you know the basic specs? Most iMacs have a label on the bottom of the stand with the specs on it.

Reaction score
OP
A
Reaction score
Yes the DVD's gray OSX are grey, the model for the IMac is "MC508LL/A. Yes the IMAC is USED. Thank u for your help

OP
A
Reaction score
@gc82 Yes the drive makes some noises likes it is loading something, but the system switches off" is own.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It appears the disks you have are not the correct ones for your iMac. Go back to whoever sold you the iMac and ask for the correct version or buy a retail version of Snow Leopard direct from Apple. $30

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
@allthingsmac...NO need to TRIPLE post!!! This is the 2nd time we have had to merge threads!

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.