Installing OS 9 and OS X

C

chillydog

I recently replaced my hard drive in my G4 533mhz dual proccesor Mac. I tried to initially boot up with the OS 9 disc with no luck. So I booted up with the OS X install 1 disc, set 2 partitions and installed the X operating system.

I have tried to go back to install OS 9. when I try to boot from the install CD I get the "?" for a few seconds then it proceeds to boot up in OS X. I have tried putting the 9 install disc in and selecting it as the startup drive and get the same results. I have also tried, while booted n OS X, to just install straight from the CD with out booting up from it. I get the error message that OS 9 Classic is not running. When I go to the OS 9 Classic Preference window it wil not let me select a volume or run OS 9 Classic.

Please help.

OP
C

chillydog

I think I found the problem. I have several versions of OS 9. I have an OS 9.02 disc and a 9.1 disc. I was trying the 9.01 disc....and it would not work. Just tried to boot up from the 9.1 disc and had no problem.

chillydog said:
I recently replaced my hard drive in my G4 533mhz dual proccesor Mac. I tried to initially boot up with the OS 9 disc with no luck. So I booted up with the OS X install 1 disc, set 2 partitions and installed the X operating system.

I have tried to go back to install OS 9. when I try to boot from the install CD I get the "?" for a few seconds then it proceeds to boot up in OS X. I have tried putting the 9 install disc in and selecting it as the startup drive and get the same results. I have also tried, while booted n OS X, to just install straight from the CD with out booting up from it. I get the error message that OS 9 Classic is not running. When I go to the OS 9 Classic Preference window it wil not let me select a volume or run OS 9 Classic.

Please help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.