Install Windows on VMware Fusion7 in order to run Quickbooks Premier 2015 on my iMac?

Reaction score
I need to run Quickbooks Premier 2015 (Manufacturing & Wholesale version) on my iMac. I was thinking of buying VMware Fusion 7 to be able to run the program easily, without having to deal with handling the technical aspects of Boot Camp. I don't have any interest in learning any new skills or "work-arounds", I just want to run the program on my computer as easily as possible.

Do I need to have Windows installed on VMware Fusion 7 in order to run Quickbooks Premier?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Do I need to have Windows installed on VMware Fusion 7 in order to run Quickbooks Premier?

Yes, you'll need to spend $$$ for VMWare Fusion, Windows 7, 8, or 8.1, and of course QuickBooks. Instead of spending money on VMWare Fusion, why not download and install the free VirtualBox from Oracle? Not as many frills as VMWare but it works well and you can't beat free.

OP
N
Reaction score
Thanks Chscag! I'm from Dallas myself so we're practically neighbors, aren't we? I already bought VMware fusion, so looks like I'm out that $60. But my Dad is a PC guy so he said he'd lend me his copy of Windows 7. I guess from there I can upgrade for free to 8.1, and then I'll test out Quickbooks. Really disappointed they don't integrate their more industry-specific software for Macs. :Grimmace:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.