Install Disk Options

Reaction score
I didn't see anything about this and i need the help. How do you bring up options of the Install Disc before the login screen? Do i hold down a button while its booting up?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Well, your post isn't very clear so I'll answer what I think you mean.

Assuming you are trying to boot into the install disk to do a reinstall or repair the disk permissions…
Press and hold the "C" key when booting up. This will load the disk, where you can do a reinstall or open the utilities in the menu bar under "Utilities".

If that doesn't help, just say so and we'll try to answer it.
Also, be more descriptive in what you are trying to do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
If you are trying to boot from the Mac OS install DVD then put in the DVD and when you restart hold down the C key.

edited: McYukon beat me too it. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I'm not going to guess.... so please, post back what it is you are trying to do>

OP
B
Reaction score
Im am trying to get my computer to boot from the install disc. Thanks for the help. Think i got it.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
If you don't have it, put the disc in and while rebooting, hold down the C key. Otherwise, pop the installation disc in while booted and simply double click the installer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.