Infection Spreading

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Took my sister to the Apple Store to get her white Macbook. I've gotta admit, I felt a lot more confident when I knew all about Macs compared to my own purchase, which was a bit more nerve-racking since I felt like I didn't know squat about Macs.

My sister really liked the design of my Macbook, but didn't care much for whether her new laptop was going to be a PC or a Mac. Once we brought it home and I showed her some of the really nifty things, she absolutely fell in love. Within an hour of turning the machine on, she said she will never go back to Windows (smart girl eh? :p). Her favorite program turned out to be iPhoto (she's never used a photo organizing program on Windows) mainly because of the ability to print the photo books at such an incredible price.

She was practically giddy with the simplicity of the computer. The trackpad was such an amazing thing for her as her older laptop's trackpad was a pain to use since it was so small and didn't let you scroll by sliding your finger down it.

Looks like I've introduced an infection into my family that is spreading. First my sister succumbs to it, and now my brother will joining us as he has been saving up for an iMac over the past couple of weeks. And people say Macs don't have viruses ;P

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Am waiting for the next time my wife starts complaining and needs me to fix her Dell yet again. (Yes Dell, my hand me down she had been using was gettin old, and I couldn't buy the parts for a low end system for the price Dell sales 'em for.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
people say Macs don't have viruses ;P
You ain't kiddin' about the mac infection! The friend who recommended I look at macs doesn't have one, but several in her acquaintance do. My enthusiasm overwhelmed her and she's planning to buy one in a few months. My parents have windows computers all over their house, but my mom has commented lately she wishes they'd have gone mac when they set up their network. Definitely spreading!! :D

Congrats on the successful gift!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2,33GHz C2D 2GB RAM 256MB video + LCD Samsung 20" 206BW + Maxtor OneTouch III 500GB
I've purchased a PC notebook to my mother about a year ago, long before I've switched. Nowadays, when I'm showing her the amazing features of my MBP, I can see her envy, and I feel guilty for having so much fun with a mac in front of her. I've told her, next time we need to buy her a new computer, it's gonna be a mac. Same thing with my sister.

I have some friends getting infected too.

Fact is...I live in south of Brazil....mac here is definitely NOT the kind of computer people will have at home. I know NOBODY that uses a mac in my city. So there's plenty o room for fun with my PC friends...

Reaction score
My wife looks at my Mac with envy on a regular basis. She's stuck with Windows for work purposes but she might become a Mac user for her personal business. Gotta work on her a little more...

Reaction score
After influencing myself to get a Mac to take to College I have also influenced 3 other friends. I have shown them side by side comparisons between dells specs and the new MacBooks,(of course there is no comparison Basically they fell in love with the computer and are all going to buy one at the low price of $1,199 USD with the Education discount. Pretty sweet eh?

And it will be nice to have live video chats with my buddies who are spread all over Texas at different Universities, Texas Tech, A&m, UT, and others.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I went down this road a few years ago. first the wife, then the kids. My youngest still has a PC Laptop (although she also has my wife's old G4 iMac), but that will change when upgrade time rolls around next year.

Reaction score
I only needed to mention to my friends I was buying a Mac and two of them suddenly also ended up with apple purchases as well, hahaha.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.