Impressed with Macbook graphical prowess

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook C2D 2.0GHz 2GB RAM 250GB HDD
Recently installed Boot Camp on my MB and figured I would try a video game and see what happens. I installed Need for Speed: Most Wanted and honestly the game runs great! I had heard stories about not trying videogames on a macbook. I mean sure it wasn't running on max settings but if you can enjoy the game for everything else it makes a good mobile gaming system. I can only imagine what it would look like on a MBP or MP. I might try half life next haha. Discuss.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
I routinely play Unreal Tournament 2004 on mine. I don't need Boot Camp though, since I have the Mac version and have updated it to be Universal Binary. Runs fine at standard settings.

Mighty Mouse is kind of not so great, but it's not terrible enough make me get a diffent mouse out just to play the game.

The trackpad, however, oy vey! You don't play the game so vell vith da trackpad.

OP
pingpongitore
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook C2D 2.0GHz 2GB RAM 250GB HDD
haha, I was figuring that an FPS wouldn't be so hot on a trackpad, which is where my logitech mx revolution mouse comes in :D NFS:MW however is easy as pie on the keyboard. I am wondering what else I should try... pandora's box has been opened haha.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2GHtz, 2Gb RAM, 320Gb HDD. 16Gb iPT Jailbroken.
I just installed Myst 4, works a treat.

I've also just ordered Starcraft with the expansion pack, can't wait for it to arrive.:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
I routinely play Unreal Tournament 2004 on mine. I don't need Boot Camp though, since I have the Mac version and have updated it to be Universal Binary. Runs fine at standard settings.

Mighty Mouse is kind of not so great, but it's not terrible enough make me get a diffent mouse out just to play the game.

The trackpad, however, oy vey! You don't play the game so vell vith da trackpad.

ah, yet another post about bragging playing UT2004 on a mac :) hehe

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle
The intel 950 is pretty impressive for most games it supports.

I was goofing around on WOW last night and for kicks thought hey lets crank the settings, the game looked beautiful but the 5fps wasn't so appealing to the eyes :( oh well going to have to upgrade to a MacBook Pro :p

That being said I have played a few stints of BF1942 with the Desert Combat mod on my MacBook in XP and it works flawlessly with maxed out settings.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.