Importing a file from Personal Knowbase into macbook pro

Reaction score
Hi, I am new here. Someone sent me an extensive file via dropbox. The file is in Personal Knowbase and I cannot get it to open in Mac Book Pro. I understand it is an hp software but I really want to access it. Can anyone help? Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hi, I am new here. Someone sent me an extensive file via dropbox. The file is in Personal Knowbase and I cannot get it to open in Mac Book Pro. I understand it is an hp software but I really want to access it. Can anyone help? Thank you.

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) Please provide the following information: 1) Vintage of your MBPro (i.e. year); 2) OS X installed; 3) What is the extension on this file, i.e. is this data (like MS Word, Excel, etc.), audiovisual material, a program, or some other type of information - e.g. if you were sent a Windows program w/ an *.exe ending, then no hope for a solution. Dave

OP
T
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! :) Please provide the following information: 1) Vintage of your MBPro (i.e. year); 2) OS X installed; 3) What is the extension on this file, i.e. is this data (like MS Word, Excel, etc.), audiovisual material, a program, or some other type of information - e.g. if you were sent a Windows program w/ an *.exe ending, then no hope for a solution. Dave

2015 MBpro, I am not sure what you mean by OS X installed, The extension is txt. It is a a huge file of travel info, no photos just documents. Does this help?
Not completely computer savvy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
2015 MBpro, I am not sure what you mean by OS X installed, The extension is txt. It is a a huge file of travel info, no photos just documents. Does this help?
Not completely computer savvy.

Hi again - the OS X is the operating system for your laptop (like Windows if you were on a PC) - see pic below from my MBPro which has the most recent OS X, i.e. El Capitan or 10.11.3 (if you want to know 'what' is on your laptop, then simply go to the Apple in the left upper corner, open and click on 'About This Mac', the screen shown will appear).

Now, as to the file your received, *.txt should be a simple 'text' file which should open in TextEdit, an app that comes w/ an Apple computer; Pages (Apple's Word equivalent) will also open this type of file, along w/ a number of other programs. I'm not sure what 'Personal Knowbase' means, i.e. whether it is a word processor that is saving in a proprietary format not recognized by your Apple apps? You might want to ask the person who sent the file to change the format and export as a PDF or standard text or doc file - might work. I'll stop there and let you respond. Dave :)

Screen Shot 2016-01-22 at 8.36.40 PM.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.